I really don't want to imagine "President McCain"… please make this nightmare go away!
Anyway, the last few days have been quite interesting – here's a "quick" rundown.
- "Helped" Kelly pack
- More packing
- Waited for the movers (were supposed to be there 10-11ish.. showed up at 2)
- Rode along to Chicago in rush hour traffic
- Got to hold an iPass up the the windshield
- Got stranded at a Walgreens in Chicago when Kelly's car decided to stop cooperating
- Geico was helpful and found a repair place to take the car to and called a tow truck
- An hour later Kelly had to call back about the tow truck
- 10 minutes later the truck showed up
- Rode around Chicago in a tow truck
- Heard stories about how great it is to be a tow truck driver
- Got to the repair place and their was no overnight lot.
- I had to parallel park a car in Chicago (I can't parallel park very well, but Kelly was watching, so I had to do it, and do it well)
- The car was running fine by this point, so after eating and booking a hotel room I drove around in Chicago for the first time in.. ever. (I tried to pretend I was a taxi.. I need more practice at it, but I'm off to a good start)
- Walked around, took pictures, saw the building where spudart work
- Met the movers and got things moved in
- Drove to Wisconsin Rapids
- Ate breakfast with Kelly's family
- Drove to Stoughton and introduced Kelly to my family people
- Kelly pet a chicken.. and a pig.. and dogs.. and horses
- Kelly watched me get choked by a cat, and cause the corgi to run around in circles while growling with a toy in his mouth
- Drove back to Fort and ate
- Drove to Whitewater and drank
- Drove through more crappy weather to drop Kelly off at the train in Harvard
- Had flashback of really old movies
- Tried not to cry
- Drove back to Whitewater and did absolutely nothing
So.. things have been busy. Stressful. It would have been nice if things had gone more smoothly, but I wouldn't trade it in for anything.