Ok people.. there's a difference here.
When I came in to work today, one of the students told me that she made "muffins" and there should be some left. Imagine my surprise when I went looking for the muffins and found… CUPCAKES!
Here are some easy tips to help you out if you're ever confused whether something is a muffin or a cupcake:
- If it has frosting on it, it's probably a cupcake.
- If a larger version would be called a "cake", then it is a cupcake.
- If a larger version would be called a "bread", then it is a muffin.
- If it would be considered a desert, it's probably a cupcake.
- If you'd eat it with a meal, it's probably a muffin.
(But don't get confused here! If it's not in a cupcake/muffin shape, you may be eating a "slice of bread" or a "roll")